Our Jacksonville Location
Our Jacksonville Veterinary Medical Center is conveniently located at 37252 U.S. Highway 69, just south of the Jacksonville Loop.
Our Family Vet -- Jacksonville offers wellness exams, clinical visits, surgical services such as on-site spay /neuter. Also offers boarding and grooming.
Our purpose and our goal of being in existence as a business in Jacksonville, Texas is proudly expressed in our Mission Statement. We thoroughly appreciate our clients who understand and enjoy the human - animal bond.
Our Mission Statement:
To help families experience the power of the human/animal bond by providing clinical, surgical, and wellness services that will help pets grow healthy and live enjoyable lives with their human counterparts.
Growth Phase: Puppy / Kitten Visits
- Help pets grow and develop a strong immune system
- Protocols are scientific and experienced based for puppies and kittens
- Assist in integrating pets into the family structure
- Initiate heartworm, flea/tick prevention, intestinal parasite prevention
Adult Phase: Canine and Feline
- Maintain good clinical bi-annual health plan
- Maintain strong immune systems from regional disease exposures
- Continue strong effective Heartworm prevention and intestinal parasite prevention
- Continue state-of-the-art Flea and Tick, Ear Mite prevention
Geriatric Phase: Canine and Feline
- Maintain health by bi-annual evaluation of aging processes
- Continue state-of-the-art Flea/Tick/Ear Mite prevention
- Continue strong effective Heartworm and intestinal parasite prevention
- Maintain immune systems based upon exposure to regional diseases
- Protocols based upon patient’s clinical status, examples including diabetes, heart conditions, and chronic renal failure patients
Environmentally controlled indoor boarding facilities
Outside runs and exercise area
Minimum four times a day exercised by staff
Minimum once a day monitored by a veterinarian
Medicating services available
Saturday/Sunday/Holiday drop-off/pickup hours: 9-10am and 6-7pm
Toe Nail Trims
Our Family Vet values the last stage of life for pets, and offers hospice program and preparations for the family of the pet
Planning ahead for euthanasia, cremation services, burials
Pain management protocols
Organizing timing of euthanasia
Support team of doctor/technician for communication and preparations
Contact Us37252 U.S. Hwy. 69 North
Jacksonville, TX 75766
903-894-5950 Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 5:30pm
Appointments Greatly Appreciated
Routine soft tissue surgeries such as spays, neuters, mass/tumor removals, declaws.
Much like people, dogs and cats need their teeth checked yearly. On average a dog has 42 permanent teeth and a cat has 30. A thorough exam performed by a veterinarian will be able to assess plaque, tartar, gingivitis, and/or periodontal disease in your pet’s mouth. Periodontal disease occurs when there is bacteria present in the plaque. This bacteria can easily be transferred throughout your pet’s entire body. The transferring of bacteria can lead to kidney, liver, and even heart disease. Some breeds specific dogs require more frequent cleanings than others.
Dental cleanings are day procedures, but do require anesthesia. A chemistry panel is always recommended when a pet will be receiving anesthesia. While under anesthesia, heart rate monitoring is continuous. Our ultrasonic dental equipment will scale your pet’s teeth and gum line. Then a good polish follows. After the procedure is complete, some pets may receive antibiotics and pain medication.
Our clinic is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory. This allows for quick and efficient lab results. Our IDEXX machines are able to run full chemistry, hematology, and urine tests.
Digital Radiology / Ultrasound
Digital radiology technology to develop our X-rays. Ultrasound technology is used to check for pregnancies, disease processes in abdomen and thorax, and also used for guidance of diagnostic and surgical processes.